Thursday 26 April 2012

w for vaazhai

w for vaazhai
V and w are the same in Tamil represented by வ. 
vaazhai means banana - normally vaazhai maram means banana tree.
vaazhai pazham means - banana fruit(that we eat)

வாழை பழம் 
பழம் means fruit
So to say 
I like banana.
எனக்கு வாழை பழம் பிடிக்கும். enakku vaazhai pazham pidikkum.
எனக்கு - I
like is pidikkum (பிடிக்கும்)

எனக்கு ________ பிடிக்கும்.
So say you like something/someone replace the __________ with the word
So to say I like you.
எனக்கு உன்னை பிடிக்கும். enakku unnai pidikkum.
unnai(means you)
எனக்கு ஆப்பிள் பிடிக்கும். (enakku aappil pidikkum) - I like apple.
The sentence formation is subject object and verb. (sov) unlike in English where it is svo(subject verb object). The verb is written at the end of the sentence. There are no capital letters and there is no joined up letters.





1 comment:

  1. Another curly language! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete